Friday, July 5, 2013

Attracting Positive Relationships

Attracting Positive Relationships
"Energy flows where attention goes."

A Huna saying that has found a new set of followers through the book, "The Secret", this is what was emblazoned on a bookmark I received for Christmas a few years back from a dear friend. Although I've heard the phrase before, for some reason this time I can't get it out of my head.

Like many folks, I have also gotten stuck in the past thinking about the "nts" in my dating life. Some of the ones I've heard recently from readers:

* I don't feel attractive/skinny/smart enough;

* Why couldn't s/he have given me a chance/been faithful/trusted me;

* I'll never find a date/love/satisfaction in a relationship...

You get my jist. We all have our 'nts', and some are a bit more challenging than others. So what if we were to ignore those 'nts', just for a couple of days, and focus instead on what we want to bring into our lives instead?

About.com's Guide to Holistic Healing has written a lovely article about Attracting Positives, using a technique that focuses on surrounding yourself with positive images, whether they be physical, mental or spiritual manifestations. I think I'll create my own little Book of Positives, kind of like the one in Queen Latifah's movie, Last Holiday as my gift to myself these next few days. My pre- New Years' resolution, if you will.

What about you? How do you stay positive when dating, or looking for love? What techniques have worked for you?

More on this topic: Relationship Expectations, or follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment