Saturday, August 25, 2012

I Recently Found Out That I Am Moving To Another Country

I Recently Found Out That I Am Moving To Another Country
"14 year old, Female United Kingdom"

TEEN QUESTION/PROBLEM:

I recently found out that I am moving to another country and I had to break up with my boyfriend because of it. I didn't think I truly loved him but I can't sleep when we don't hug and say goodnight. I am so sad because just 2 days ago I found out he has cancer. Now his birthday party is in 2 weeks and it is the last one I'll ever have with him but I am travelling to another country for a wedding. Should I beg to stay for his birthday and let the rest of my family go or should I go with my family? Should I get back together with him? I'm just scared that when I leave it will hurt even more than. I am so upset and confused. What should I do?

TEEN LINE WROTE:

Hi "Thank you for reaching out to us here at Teen Line. It sounds like you have such a tough decision to make and I can tell by your email how frustrating this can be. It sounds so difficult to have to make a decision to either stay home and attend his birthday party or go to the wedding. Have you talked to him about this to see how he feels? Perhaps speaking with him directly about your feelings would help before you make the decision. You mentioned you didn't think you truly loved him, but you also care about himespecially now that he is ill. Perhaps speaking with your parents about this also would help you in making this decision. Getting support for yourself is very important right now so I am glad that you reached out.

I found a resource for teens with cancer and support: http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/teensandyoungadults/Infoforteensandyoungadults.aspx/

You can also access our Message Boards at http://teenlineonline.org/boards/ to connect with other teens about this all all kinds of other topics. I hope this information helps you, Charlotte.

a TEEN LINE teen


0 comments:

Post a Comment