Sunday, July 4, 2010

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
No no no, the boyfriend and I aren't calling it quits. That's just the theme going here for these questions. ;) I decided I would give this meme a try. I've seen it around a few places and I'm also kind of bored and unable to fall asleep right now. 3:30 AM is not my friend today, apparently. Anyway, on with the questions!

BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO


This week's TMI Tuesday idea is from Heelsnstocking1. What's the worst reason you have been given for breaking up?

I've never honestly been broken up with before. One time with an ex-girlfriend, she was moving and we decided to mutually end it because of the distance being an issue. I was 18 and didn't think that sounded like fun. Another time with an ex-boyfriend, I broke up with him and then he ended up angry because he had intended to end the relationship and was mad that I beat him to the punch. So, I guess that's not a good answer since I'm always the one that did all the breaking up, lol.

2. What's the worst reason you gave, to someone, for breaking up?

I'm always just honest with the person. I'm a very blunt and honest person so I've never given a pitiful excuse or told a lie to break up with someone. Usually I just said it wasn't what I wanted, wasn't working out, wasn't going where I wanted it to go, wasn't interested in dating anymore, sorry but didn't realize you were such an asshole, etc etc etc. Something along those lines depending on what the reason was.

3. Have you ever engineered the end of a relationship e.g doing something you know will put the other person off? If yes, what did you do?

No. That's pathetic, mean and more than a bit cowardly.

4. Have you ever stayed with a partner just because you could not bear to end it?

No. I get to the point where I'm done and that's just it, I'm done. I'm not the most emotionally inclined person so I don't have a hard time severing ties to people most of the time.

5. Have you ever encouraged a friend to end a relationship? What happened? Are you still friends?

Yes, a few times.

Once because his girlfriend was abusive verbally and physically and she was also stealing from him and just using him for his things. He ended up seeing she was bad news after she pawned his PlayStation and he ended it then. We stayed friends.

Another time because the girl's boyfriend was cheating on her with a girl that worked with me. My friend found out and stayed with him a while. He started treating her worse and spending more time, money and effort toward the girl he was cheating with. I constantly told her she shouldn't put up with that and she could do so much better. We stayed friends after she dumped him finally.

Bonus: Have you ever been the cause of a relationship to end? Tell us about it.

Sort of. It was accidental, though. I was fooling around with a guy I'd met at a beach party. We slept together a few times. He had told me he didn't have a girlfriend and I found out a couple weeks in to our casual physical relationship that he did have a girlfriend since she showed up to this apartment unannounced one night. Big drama there but she believed me when I said I had no idea he was involved with someone. I wasn't looking to date him nor do anything more with him other than hang out at his apartment and have fun so it wasn't a big deal for me personally aside from just being pissed off that I'd unknowingly helped someone cheat. I have a rule that I never get involved with someone who has a significant other that's looking to cheat. I don't care if they're just going to cheat with someone else, I'm not going to be the person that enables them to be cheating. I don't care what they're reasons are, I refused to ever knowingly be a party to that kind of thing. It's just so wrong and really shitty to do in my book. Anyway, they ended up breaking up right in front of me and that was that. I ended up taking that girl to a party with some of my friends that night because I felt like an asshole and wanted her to have some fun. We even hung out a few more times after that before she moved for a job relocation.

HOW TO PLAY TMI TUESDAY: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we'll all know where to read your responses. Please don't forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!

Happy TMI Tuesday!



Reference: street-approach.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment