Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Large Muscle Catalepsy For Outcome Based Hypnosis

Large Muscle Catalepsy For Outcome Based Hypnosis
OK, that post title could be more fun. This is for my hypnosis students, and other students of hypnosis.

Let me tell you about a session I had today. 3rd session with this lady, we've been working on her horsemanship. She gets scared when the horse moves into canter & the gait changes, and she reaches for the saddle horn. Which of course throws her weight forward and is not where she needs to be to confidently sit the horse and have good balance & center of gravity, to be safe & secure on the horse.

So, I decided to glue her to the saddle! To do it, first I checked my notes on what her suggestibility type is (you remember my system for going through suggestibility tests? You see, this guides me in creating the right type of suggestions for my clients). She likes an authoritative approach. I started pre-hypnosis by once again doing the hand clasp with her, to remind her of that. It worked beautifully. I put her into hypnosis with an instant induction and then got progressive catalepsy: first eyelids, then rigid arm, then I went for the butt stuck to the chair. (You get catalepsy in progressively larger muscles, so start with the small ones first and when you have success there, continue to larger & larger muscles). Then I gave her the post hypnotic suggestion that her trigger word would only work for her or me, when she wanted it to, as a safety. Brought her up partially and reinforced it three times, then had her reinforce giving the trigger to herself three times. Brought her all the way out and then reinforced it three times again, with both my giving the trigger and then she giving it to herself. Oh, before I brought her out I had her do a mental rehearsal of giving herself the trigger while on horseback so that the post hypnotic suggestion would be connected to that context as well. I told her to go ahead and practice giving herself the command, sticking herself to things. As an additional safety, I gave her a trigger of "unglued" and we rehearsed that the same number of times, so that at any time she felt she needed to she could become unstuck, and of course that she would automatically be unstuck if her safety was at issue by the fact of being stuck.

Well, that was today, her riding lesson is tomorrow. I'll let you know what feedback I get from her.

This would fall under the category of sports hypnosis as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment