Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Book Review I Heart You You Haunt Me Lisa Schroeder

Book Review I Heart You You Haunt Me Lisa Schroeder
"Girl meets boy."

"Girl loses boy."

"Girl gets boy back..."

"Sort of."

"Ava can't see or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here."

"Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds."

I read this book for an hour and bawled my eyes out for the next two. Mostly, my reading experience was tear-filled. Lisa Schroeder's I Heart You, You Haunt Me is a "very" emotional narrative. It takes you with Ava in her journey of grieving over Jackson, meeting his ghost, and understanding and accepting why.

I loved this book. The writing style is very refreshing - it's almost poetic. It really reflects Ava's fragmented character. Somehow despite the briefness of the narration I feel that the book provided the most important foundation for Ava's grief, which is her history with Jackson. It doesn't leave out Ava's other friends, and the friendship element of the plot is also very touching.

I loved the ending too - I won't spoil for those who haven't read it yet, but it's a reminder of the love you have to spare for yourself. I think for those who have or who are still mourning the loss of a love one, this is the perfect book to read and reflect on.

A terrific tear-jerker. Would really recommend this to those who can relate to Ava's grief, but really everyone can learn a thing or two from this.

FIVE STARS.



Origin: break-seduction.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment