Monday, January 26, 2015

She Cursed Me With Her Menses Man Tells Court

She Cursed Me With Her Menses Man Tells Court
A 64-year-old former banker, Chief Femi Eboda, has pleaded with the Agege Customary Court to dissolve his marriage to Mrs. Olufunke Eboda over negligence and lack of respect.

The couple has been living together for 21 years and blessed with two children.

Eboda told the court that there was no more love in his marriage; no care and his wife was always provoking him.

He alleged that the wife stole and embarrassed him publicly as they were always fighting.

But the wife dismissed all her husband's claims in court and said she was not ready to dissolve her marriage.

She said she was too scared to let her husband's family members know all that was going on in her marriage, because if she did, her husband would beat her.

She added that her husband has been diabetic for 14years, and she has been the one taking care of him.

She said despite her young age, she still loved him without having sex with a healthier and younger man, but with all that, her husband was still cheating on her.

"To prove to my husband that I wasn't sleeping with any other man, I removed my menses and used it to swear before him that I wasn't cheating on him so that he could stop cheating on me.

"I did that after I heard him talk to one Bukky on the telephone. The girl was asking him if he had sent me out of his house.

"He beats me every time. I'm his fifth wife and before I got married to him, his younger brother warned me that he was too wicked, that I should be patient with him.

"There was one time we went for a ceremony at Abeokuta, and I heard that my husband was in a hotel with another woman while I and his children slept together in one small room," she said.

She said she hadn't done anything to warrant any divorce, adding that all she did was to care for him.

Eboda, who lives in New Oko-Oba area of Lagos, however, disputed everything his wife said, maintaining that he was fed up with the marriage.

He said that he had been to a court before in 2006 to divorce his wife, but he was begged to be patient, and he had tolerated her till this time.

He said when he first met his wife, he didn't plan to marry her but she got pregnant for him and he couldn't tell her to abort the pregnancy, so he married her.

He said he had already done this before he was told that she had been married to a man before and that he took another man's wife.

He said, "It was after I met my wife that I started having all these terrible illnesses. I have hypertension, ulcer, stroke and diabetics.

"I went to her house and sat on her bed, unknown to me then that it was her other husband that got her the house and a shop. I sat on her bed and I started urinating on my body.

"I dealt with that for four years, it was when I went to my village in Ijebu that they told me that I had gotten the disease from my wife.

"I had a stroke after I intervened in her family matter over the property of their late father. I and three of her brothers suffered a stroke; one of them is dead now. It was then I knew that they were fetish in her house.

"While I was trying to satisfy her and give her all she wanted, I bought shops in her name to do her fashion designing job. I also bought her a big house with a receipt bearing her name, but still, what did I get?

"Her elder sister's husband duped me over a piece of land worth millions of naira and when I asked for my money, her sister gave me a dirty slap and my wife didn't say anything.

"Her family succeeded in chasing my entire family out of my house and my life, to the extent that none of my other children graduated from the university.

"It was even my wife's younger sister that helped me to write my Will, in which I willed everything I own to my wife and I signed it without knowing what I was doing. Today, I don't know where the Will is because they have been hiding it from me."

He admitted that he was speaking to Bukky and stated that it was because his wife didn't take enough care of him.

He said that he sent Bukky to school and she has got her Higher National Diploma, because he knew his wife could leave him anytime.

"The day she heard me talking to Bukky on the telephone, she removed her menses, threw it on the floor and cursed me. And in my place, such a thing is a taboo. It could put my life and that of my children in trouble," he said.

The court president, Mr. Emmanuel Sokunle, advised them to maintain the peace and adjourned the case till August 13, 2013.

Source - Punch News


0 comments:

Post a Comment