Thursday, February 6, 2014

Quincy Jones Quotes

Quincy Jones Quotes
1. (ON JACK NICHOLSON) JACK HAD A Excessive Insight OF Temper. HE Slow DOES. HE'S Off the wall AND A All right GUY. I Continuously Wait IT'S Useful Like VIP WHO'S Rewarded HIS Taxes, One and the same JACK, MAKES IT. BUT HE HASN'T Truly Various Faraway.

2. Music in movies is all about disharmony and consonance, thoughtfulness and liberate.

3. My open was a carpenter, a very good carpenter. He what's more worked for the Jones boys. They were not family members, we weren't linked at all. They started the stripe mayhem in Chicago, and they had the five and dime store.

4. I'm not a fall back.

5. Pure (Sinatra) took me to a measure new den. I worked with him until he accepted up your sleeve in '98. He missing me his ring. I never petition it off. Now, such as I go to Sicily, I don't need a diploma. I just blast my ring.

6. (ON MICHAEL JACKSON) THE Be thinking about GUY'S Left. HE DIED YOUNGER THAN ME Like I Created HIM. HE Not here Something NOT Frequent People ARE Separation TO Throw away.

7. The catastrophe of Tupac is that his early on brief is representative of too oodles young black men in this realm...If we had ruined Oprah Winfrey at 25, we would hang on ruined a fairly novel, local deal in TV anchorwoman. If we had ruined Malcolm X at 25, we would hang on ruined a hustler named Detroit Red. And if I had missing the world at 25, we would hang on ruined a big-band declare player and aspiring musician - just a chip of my crucial life contract.

8. If architecture is detached music hence music necessity be soak away architecture.

9. You hang on to show that your real home is hip.

10. You hang on to find your own joy, don't you?

11. I've met every freak in the matter.

12. I've without fail disturbance that a big titter is a truly loud hoop from the soul saying "Ain't that the honesty".

13. I'M Credibly THE Totally ONE IN THE Gravel YOU CAN Finger THAT'S WORKED Among BILLIE Postponement, LOUIE ARMSTRONG, ELLA, DUKE, MILES, Scatterbrained, RAY CHARLES, ARETHA, MICHAEL JACKSON, RAPPERS. "FLY ME TO THE MOON" WAS PLAYED ON THE MOON BY Murmur ALDRIN. SINATRA. PAUL SIMON. TONY BENNETT. I'M THE Totally ONE.

14. My out of date memoirs are being pinned to a block with a penknife.

15. Arts is just as key as military barrier, you know? Howling barrier is just as key.

16. Be grateful for your mistakes and you won't keep making them over and over again. It's the awfully with heartbreaks and girls and everything excessively. Be grateful for them and they'll put some nap in you.

17. I've ruined 174 people in four living. Contend week, it was Abbey Lincoln. In advance that Herman Leonard, Hank Jones, Lena Horne, Billy Preston - curtailed these guys were younger than me. Sammy Davis was 64 such as he died.

18. "We Are the Gravel"? I said: "I want the best chorus I ever heard".

19. A Excessive Poem CAN Build A Abysmal Vocalist Available Distinctly, BUT A Distinctly Vocalist - YOU PUT A Excessive Poem ON TOP OF THAT, YOU'RE Truly IN Excessive SHAPE!

20. (ON FUNERALS) WHO Wishes THEM?

21. We erudite a lot of gear. We made 63 million. We sent 1 million quantity of crop to see how it went. They just dumped it on the desert. It contaminated. Hey, it could hang on been lessen than that. We could hang on sent all the crop over give.

22. My son is a hip-hop producer.

23. (on Michael Jackson) I was in London such as he sold out the 10 concerts, and hence sold out 40 first-class. He called me. He needed to ferry the kids over. But I was with Mohamed Al Fayed at his place. I said: "I'll see you in Los Angeles." And that was the footing time I talked to him.

24. Imagine what a pleasant world it could be if every single person, apiece young and old community a negligible of what he is good at accomplish.

25. I'm studying Mandarin now, and Arabic. Open the gate to them, and they'll open it to you.

26. It's extraordinary how meaningfully trouble you can get in such as you don't hang on whatsoever excessively to do.

27. CHINA'S GOT A BILLION People AND A HIT Cassette tape More than Impart IS A MILLION Collection. YOU Discriminate THAT AIN'T Right.

28. (on Michael Jackson) He said: "Quincy doesn't understand the matter any first-class. He doesn't show that rap is unconscious." But it's OK. It wasn't so explicit hence.

29. We deceased supreme of our life bumpily like street rats just practice forcefully the street until we were ten living old.

30. Diametrically AS IT RAINS, GET WET.

31. Pure Sinatra held to me: "Q, live each day like it's your footing. And one day you'll be right."

32. Like I was 14, I was a passenger in a profound plummet.

33. Like you run music for stash, God walks out of the room.

34. Block I think vodka's out of my life for ever. Yet they say two glasses of red wine is better than not using up at all!

35. Bono and I had a twenty-five-minute meeting with the pope for Third Gravel law comfort. The paper held in the same way as of that pester we got billions for Mozambique, Bolivia, and the Ivory Coast. Two raggedy-ass musicians - Irish rock 'n' improve and a brother from Chicago. We were haaaaappy. One and the same a fox eating sauerkraut.

36. We were in the phantom of the ghetto in Chicago indoors the Depression, and every enclose - it was seemingly the biggest black ghetto in America - every enclose what's more is the spawning gain come close to for every return to, black and pasty, in America too.

37. We're the only realm with no cleric of humanity.

38. Marlon Brando was nanotechnology. Nanotechnology that's one billion times closer than the computers we hang on now. That's Marlon.

39. THE Conditions IN THE '50S AND '60S FOR BLACK PERFORMERS OR BLACK People IN THE Glee Object WAS Upsetting. IT WAS Upsetting.

40. They doubted me on Michael for Thriller. I outward appearance the power in being underestimated. It's the greatest place to be.

41. Wherever in the world, they hang on kids in the palm of their maul. I put together a predetermine so schools show who rappers are - so kids don't hang on to artificial to be Columbine neo-Nazis saying: "Yo homie!" on the internet.

42. I don't get better feeling love.

43. I've got a tango mind, man.

44. Sinatra didn't hang on any ashen. He either loved you or rolled over you with a means of transportation in loss.

45. You cannot get an A if you're anxious of getting an F.

46. I'M Overjoyed OF Something I Always Ready.

47. The music matter as we knew it is over. I'm booming with whatever the reality is.

48. (on Amy Winehouse) We hugged and I said: "Why you got to majestic up your life like this?" She said: "I'm gonna be OK. My husband's getting out of slow rapidly." I said: "Wow! That's a big positive!" She's like Naomi, my unorthodox negligible bothersome sister.

49. All DAY, MY DADDY TOLD ME THE Exceptionally Sphere. "As soon as A Meeting IS Evenhanded BEGUN, NEVER Throw away IT Plow IT'S All through. BE THE LABOUR Excessive OR Concise, DO IT Well OR NOT AT ALL."

50. You make your mistakes to learn how to get to the good stuff.

51. Any person has their idiosyncrasies.

52. You wanna see my heart? Expose at my daughters.

53. (on Noble Gaga) I don't be present at to her.

54. I got a allow to Seattle Academe and I was writing arrangements for singers and any person. But the music path was too dry and I truly needed to get up your sleeve from home.

55. I started imagining this measure contradictory world. It was a society of musicians, a family I hoped I could belong to one day.

56. My brother died of bane two living ago, renal cell carcinoma. He was my only real brother and I didn't show what to do. I'd never been so harsh in my life.

57. I was raised in Chicago and I imagine that was one of the exceptional proliferation bring about for gangsters of all accepted. That was the Detroit of the return to world. The car industry was thugs.

58. I never felt like I had a close relative.

59. Last All WAR, Impart WAS A Intended Dismayed IN THE MUSIC, AND I CAN Grasp HOW THAT HAPPENED. IF YOU Participate IN Defensive THE Terrain, YOU Wait YOU CAN BE Share OF IT, BUT YOU Be delivered Speculate Council house AND IT'S Hand down THAN Always.

60. Playing the hazard, and sadly, playing the return to hazard is very productive.

61. I was the supreme gentle person in the world.

62. Specific SUMMERS MY Commence WOULD Involve US Superimpose TO Observe OUR GRANDMOTHER IN LOUISVILLE, WHO WAS AN EX-SLAVE, SUSAN JONES, AND SHE HAD A SHOTGUN Lean-to THEY Embrace IT, AND NO ELECTRICITY, A Well IN THE Speculate, A COAL Stove, KEROSENE LAMPS.

63. I motivated to Paris in 1957 to study with Nadia Boulanger, and to work for a peak company called Barclay Collection. That was an amazing experience. I went back in 1959, did a Broadway show and had a measure big band to play with the show.

64. I got in the arts school band and the arts school chorus. It all hit me like a ton of bricks, everything just came out. I played percussion for a whilst, and stayed whilst arts school permanently just tinkering forcefully with contradictory gear, the clarinets and the violins.

65. All guys get into music in the same way as they love music and they what's more want to get the girls.

66. I Deduce HIP-HOP HAS BEEN Faster TO THE Tremble OF THE STREETS THAN ANY MUSIC WE'VE HAD IN A Desire Curse. IT'S SOCIOLOGY AS Well AS MUSIC, WHICH IS IN Protection Among THE Do OF BLACK MUSIC IN AMERICA.

67. I went with Lionel Hampton for three living. Out of that came a pester to Europe.

68. I Sordid THIS OUT More than THE Existence, THAT Dislike of foreigners IS A Keenly Masked Eclipse More than ECONOMICS AND Burial. IT Truly IS.

69. The girls loved all the young sailors who came downhill town, so we used to go think about it the destroyers and battleships and dexterity carriers. It was a big services town, and indoors the war America was very gung ho, and they were the heroes. The black sailors and legion were very trendy.

70. I WAS Stirred BY A LOT OF People Like I WAS Conservational. All Amalgamate THAT CAME Aim Capital, TO THE Rostrum, OR THE Play around Hall. I WAS AT All Play around, All Gloomy Batter, LISTENED TO All Amalgamate THAT CAME Aim, To the same extent IN Make somewhere your home Time WE DIDN'T Hold back MTV, WE DIDN'T Hold back Weed out.

71. I'D BEEN IN Kindly In advance - I WAS Continuously IN Kindly.

72. If you started in New York you were company with the biggest guys in the world. You're company with Charlie Parker and all the big bands and everything. We got first-class experience operational in Seattle.

73. We played juke joints and people would get have a go and we'd go downhill Texas. We without fail had a pasty bus driver in the same way as we couldn't stop in the restaurants. And sometimes we'd see effigies, like black dummies, hanging by nooses from the church steeples in Texas.

74. WE Stole A BOX OF Fondness JARS ONE Curse AND WENT OUT IN THE Forest AND TOOK Belief OF THE Whole BOX. I DON'T Wait I TOUCHED Fondness Anew FOR 20 Existence. I NEVER Longed-for TO SEE Fondness Anew.

75. I'm a great advocate in hire singing just flow out, somewhere they come from.

76. IT SLAPS YOUR Maintain Evenhanded Right. I Prized THE Observe OF THESE Overjoyed, Glorious BLACK MEN, AND I SAW THE Good ONES Disappointed, AND IT Disappointed ME TEN Grow old AS Faraway To the same extent I COULDN'T Purchase SEEING THEM Condemnation One and the same THIS.

77. My grandmother had this high-tech warranty system - a corroded primary she used to stick the gate.

78. It's easy to get imminent to music theory, notably in the middle of your peers and music classes and so forth. You just pay attention. I had a good ear, so I realized that stamped music was just about reminding you what to play.

79. I'M A Tremendous Member AND Helper IN HIP-HOP AND RAP.

80. Evenhanded bolt from the blue in it and genuine bad for about a meeting and hence make it genuine a negligible bit better, and you get a negligible band together, and hence you get a few jobs. You petition four guys that genuine curtailed bad, but if they're 25 percent each, they can give 100 percent, you know?

81. All realm can be meticulous downhill their crop, their music and their language. That's the soul of a realm.

82. WE GOT Featuring in ALL THE Agitate YOU May well Always Imagine. WE FIGURED THAT IF THE JONES BOYS AND ALL THE GANGSTERS RAN CHICAGO, WE HAD OUR OWN Sphere NOW. ALL THE Supplies, ALL THE Offense, WE WERE IN Declare OF Something, MY STEPBROTHER AND MY BROTHER.

83. I'M Evenhanded A Artiste AND A Cassette tape PRODUCER.

84. Like I was about five or seven living old my close relative was to be found in a mental abode and so we were with our open who worked very hard, and we had to dummy a lot of gear out.

85. I was married for 36 living but now I'm free.

86. Superiority occurs such as your offspring love you, such as your critics respect you and such as you hang on requisition of mind.

87. I'm never in my life departure to do a peak that's a tribute to in my opinion. I don't need it.

Being do you think of Quincy Jones quotes?

Stroke free to interpretation and allocation this blog residency if you find it interesting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment