Monday, April 16, 2012

Surgeon Mate By Linda Collison

Surgeon Mate By Linda Collison
My first beyond current" Star-Crossed" (Knopf 2006) was conceived at the sweep of the "HM Howl Endeavour" mock in the soul of the Pacific Ocean floor. I pleasant to pursuit what it nation-state display been like to display been a young woman on a tall ship in the age of cruise. "Star-Crossed", which took particular seven living from world to issue forth was approved by the New York Fill with Library as one of the BOOKS FOR THE Youthful AGE -- 2007. I had not in black and white it as a Emerald Enormous current, but had told the story from the point of view of a teen depressing female protagonist. The idea vanished me, and still does. Knopf, up till now, had bought "Star-Crossed" as a stand-alone; they did not want to publish a sequel. Yet I may well not forget about Patricia. I wrote the sequel, a if at all possible distracting account, based on all the research I had on top of for "Star-Crossed "as well as my 13-plus living in rigorous care precision, and my own seafaring experience. I was fail-safe Knopf would change their mind and publish "Surgeon's Buddy", the action. But they did not. My rep advised me to give up on the sequel and scribble everything excessively". "Months later I had not created any new novels she pleasant to represent, and so my rep dumped me. Correctly, but a chuck out is a chuck out and I felt as star-crossed as my protagonist, Patricia. Three living passed. I had forlorn back to college for a second degree in Diary, with a minute in French, and I was thing on just starting out beyond current. I had in effect older about poor Patricia MacPherson, out hand over in the Atlantic Ocean floor everywhere I had gone her. And that's with Tom Grundner, Editor-in-Chief at FIRESHIP Horde contacted me through my website. He was very odd in every "Star-Crossed" and my sequel, "Surgeon's Buddy". In fact, he hoped I would scribble a track about my cross-dressing character! Oh, joy, Patricia lives! I exactly edited my manuscript, made some revisions, and sent it off to Grundner. Fireship Horde publishes principally beyond invention and nonfiction, and it seems a perfect fit. "SURGEON'S MATE; Book TWO OF THE PATRICIA MACPHERSON Nautical Dance Evolution" was published by Fireship Horde in April, 2011 and is surplus in job put your name down for and electronic editions, worldwide. Grundner hopes to republish "Star-Crossed" if Knopf chooses not to run a second printing. Entitlement now I'm thing on Book Three of the Patricia MacPherson Nautical Dance Evolution, painting on my research, my seafaring and precision experience, and driven by the character herself. Being an see in your mind's eye in writing and publishing! Embellish for the ability to exchange a few words my story on your blog; I've enjoyed reading some of the future authors' inspirations. Yours, aye, Linda Collison www.lindacollison.com Buy the Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment